Friday, January 30, 2015

Random Pregnancy Thoughts

As I am graduating from the RE in two weeks, I am supposed to have an appointment with the OB the following week (9 weeks). I called today to make the appointment because they fill up quickly and are slow as hell. But, it was scary to do that! It's like assuming the 8 week scan will go well, and I sure am not confident about that until after it's over! 12 days to go..at least it's in the morning this time...

Even if pregnancy symptoms increase (which I *think* I feel more hunger lately, and today I've felt lightheaded all day) maybe one baby is in distress or my body is too stupid sgain to know nothing is progressing.
 
But I try to also remember the stats I read earlier: "Research has shown that if you see a heartbeat at 6 weeks of pregnancy, the chances of the pregnancy continuing are 78%.
A heartbeat at 8 weeks increases the chance of a continuing pregnancy to 98% and at 10 weeks that goes up to 99.4%."  I guess this is the downside of support groups, hearing way too many stories of babies passing away at 8,10,14,20 weeks or even being burn stillbirn or with cords around theur necks. I'm a ball of anxiety.  And ambivalence. And an emotional yo-yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment